CCA Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

BREAKING: Michael Steele - PRO CHOICE!



Well I, for one, am thoroughly disappointed with Michael Steele, the newly elected RNC Chair who in a recent GQ article announced that he is yet another Catholic that is PRO-CHOICE. Michael, you CANNOT be Catholic and pro-choice, it violates the Catechism Canons 2270-75 and makes you ineligible to receive Holy Communion iaw Canon 915! I can't believe he's doing this during Lent no less.

I cannot stand hypocrisy such as this. In my 44 years I have found that I can best judge what kind of person is by what kind of Catholic they are. You cannot be weak in faith and strong in the rest of your life. Show me someone that is strong in their faith and I'll show you someone that is well balanced, a strong authoritative leader that knows the way, shows the way and goes the way.

I just left him this message over on Facebook:
Michael, being Catholic is at our very core. I've always been able to tell what kind of person someone is by seeing what kind of Catholic they are, it never fails. Take Biden, Pelosi and their ilk for example. That last thing we need is a Republican version of them.

I was extremely disappointed to read your pro-choice stance in the GQ article. You cannot be Catholic and pro-choice, it's a deal-breaker. If you can't uphold the divinely inspired sacred teachings of the church, how can you uphold anything written by mere men? Please read the Catechism Canons 2270-75 again (http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/fifth.html) and then read Canon 915 (http://tinyurl.com/ywr48p).

Please find the courage to reconsider your stance on abortion and stand up for the teachings of our church and for the innocent unborn babies who are truly the "least of our brethren". I will keep you in my prayers.

God's Blessings,
Bob Cavalcante Jr.
http://CatholicConservativeAmerican.blogspot.com


BIG hat tip to Thomas Peters over at American Papist for breaking this story:
Breaking: GNC head Steele says abortion is a "choice"

God's Blessings,
Bob

2 comments:

The Pondering Catholic said...

This is truly a dissappointment, when you consider the words he said to the Bishops about pro life issues. I am SO sad!

Bob Cavalcante Jr. said...

Well in my latest posting, http://catholicconservativeamerican.blogspot.com/2009/03/update-steele-flip-flops-again.html it seems that he has flopped and now claims to be pro-life again. Which is it? What is in his heart?

It begs the question, how strong is his faith? He may be a fantastic leader, great man and incredible organizer but if he's wishy-washy on something that should be as solid as his faith, what else will he flounder on?

I do hope his reversal back to pro-life is sincere and reflects what's in his heart as a Catholic. We should pray for him.

Who is the Catholic Conservative American?